Wednesday 13 May 2020

BUYING EXPERIENCE: International Watch Magazines from eBay


I've come across 'International Watch' magazine before as I've purchased a couple of issues with TAG Heuer models on the cover from eBay previously. But this was a real find, eleven issues from the 1990s in a dust cover with an asking price of £20 + carriage, but willing to consider 'offers'. I can't remember exactly what I offered, but I think I negotiated away the carriage (pretty heavy this little lot) and ended up paying a flat £20.


I didn't actually realise until it came that one of the issues featured the limited edition Senna 6000 that I hailed as my favourite Senna watch the other day, so that was an excellent bonus! The magazines are all in pretty good condition as well, considering their age.





I do enjoy reading these old magazines, especially when they feature my favourite brand. It does give you a historical viewpoint on models that were released back in the day and how the press viewed new releases at the time, rather than 'fashionable' opinions that have formed over the last 20-25 years.

I can't wait to get stuck into these and no doubt I shall be on the lookout for more in the future, though whether I'll find another bargain like this is debateable!

No comments:

Post a Comment