Friday 3 April 2020

INSTRUCTIONS: Setting Time and Syncing Analog and Digital Displays on the F1 Kirium and Aquaracer Chronotimer


While setting and adjusting the digital display on the F1 Kirium and the Chronotimer is intuitive, I always struggle to remember how to adjust the hands and I can never be bothered to search through the mountain of watch boxes to find the manuals.

1. Rotate the crown until the T1 time is showing in the display.
2. Pull the crown out to the '2' position* 
3. Pressing the top pusher changes the display between 12hr and 24hr
4. Press the lower pusher to switch between hours, minutes and seconds on the 
digital display, turning the crown to set each individually.
5. Press the crown back in.
6. Rotate the crown until the 'neutral' display appears (ie. no
digital time visible)
7. Pull out the crown, the letter 'R' will appear
8. Press button 'B' (the lower one), the time will appear and start flashing
9. Rotate the crown to adjust the analog time until the analog time
matches the displayed digital time for all three hands, then press the
crown back in.
*Crown positions: 0 - pressed in, 1 - standard, 2 - pulled out

To set the date...
Select the day/date function and pull the crown out to position 2
Briefly press the top pusher to select date display mode (D/M or M/D)
The date. month and year is changed by rotating the crown.
Briefly press the bottom pusher to confirm your selection

17 comments:

  1. Cheers mate.

    do you have how to set the date?

    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John
      Sorry for the delay, had to dig out the booklet. I've added the info to the bottom of the post.
      Regards
      Rob

      Delete
  2. Excellent instructions, thank you so much! I dusted off my F1 after being sat in a drawer for 7 years. I replaced the battery and the synching was out. I thought it was broken until I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me what the number on the top right of the date display means?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for this. I have never been able to set the time and it lost 4 minutes over the last 5 years. It's still complicated for sure, but now telling the correct time. Selling it anyway if anyone wants one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it, this is exactly why I post these instructions for these strange watches.
      Rob

      Delete
  5. Really helpful thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, glad I could help. I know how difficult it is to find this info.
      Rob

      Delete
  6. Hi Rob, the hands on my watch are not moving at all, the digital display is fine. I cannot feel a second click of the crown when pulled, but it does set the digital time, any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, that doesn't sound very good. Unfortunately given that I broke my classic F1 movement trying to get it out so I could clean the glass, I'm probably not the best person to ask. Someone on the THF Forum might be able to help?
      Rob

      Delete