Thursday 11 January 2018

SPOTTED: A Selection of TAG Heuer Watches in a Pawn Shop Window


While out and about yesterday I was walking down a road that I don't usually walk down and I walked past a Pawn Shop. As I passed by the window something caught my eye and I turned back and rather unexpectedly and found a selection of TAG Heuers Omegas and Breitlings in front of me.

First off there was a ladies Aquaracer (pictured above) with a white dial which is currently reduced from £795 down to £557. I didn't study it but through the window it looked in nice condition and seems a pretty good deal at that price.

Next up they had a CAU1116.BA0858 Formula One Quartz Chronograph for a seemingly very cheap £347... again I didn't really study it but from the photo it looks decent and that price is getting to the point where it would be worth buying to re-sell.


I must admit, I am sorely tempted at that price, albeit it has the same shitty-clasp rubber strap that my current WAH1110-0 came on, but then again I could always pick up another BT0714 pin and buckle strap, but that would be another £45 and realistically it's too similar to the one I already have (and my orange Calibre 16 CAU2012).

*I've since walked by again and had another look, the watch seems to be in good condition and the chronograph is running, which is probably not great for the battery, but at least it works.


Moving on, we had a pair of Link models, one a quartz that's currently reduced to £557 from £795 and a nice looking Calibre 6 model that's not in the sale but is still less than a grand (£950). The Calibre 6 I did look at a bit more carefully (albeit through the window) and it looks in excellent condition.

From other brands they had a few Breitlings, including a nice looking Colt Ocean and a Chrono-Evo.



Finally, there was a couple of Omegas, a ladies (but probably actually mid-size) Seamaster and a dressy looking DeVille, which both seem decent prices.



Going back to the Formula One for a moment, while it is very tempting, I really don't want to be depleting my war chest as it's just about the cross the £2K threshold. I think if this watch was on a bracelet then I would have been more interested, because then not only would I not have needed to buy a replacement rubber strap but I could have switched and changed with my existing everyday wearer. But as it is, I think it's best left alone, bargain or no bargain.




No comments:

Post a Comment