Monday 31 December 2018

FEATURE: Something to be Aware of When Buying 6000 Series Bracelets


The 6000 series bracelet is a very complex beast made up of many parts combined to produce a very dramatic and expensive looking design... but when buying a 6000, even one in otherwise excellent condition, it's worth checking the individual bracelet links for wear.

I've had my blue dial 3 hander for a good while now and the bracelet is pretty much perfect, so I was somewhat disappointed when I bought my silver faced chrono 6000 to find that the bracelet had a slight issue with a couple of the links. The bracelet isn't intended to be as solid as a Kirium (which holds it's shape completely when off the wrist) but neither is it supposed to 'collapse' like a 4000 does. What seems to happen is that the links are designed to move so far to provide the flexibility to shape to the wrist, but they are not supposed to move further. But if they wear they can, and then you might get a situation where the individual links can stick out slightly.


Generally speaking, once it's on the wrist it doesn't seem to be a huge problem, but then my wrists are quite big - if you have a small wrist and the individual links are extended further then you could well have issues.


Fortunately, the seller I bought my 6000 chrono from has behaved impeccably, not only has he replaced the links that are faulty (and one of those meant replacing a whole shoulder) but he also refunded me the postage cost. It's certainly made me feel better about maybe paying slightly over the odds for the watch and I now have the pristine example I was expecting in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment