Thursday 11 August 2022

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300 Professional Ladies Watch

WBP231J.BA0618
 
As some of you may well remember, last year TAG Heuer produced a 'piece unique' for the 'Pink Dial Project' which was auctioned in aid of breast cancer charities. At the time I thought it slightly strange that they would make the watch a 'piece unique' when it was something I could see being part of the regular range, and it seems I was right.... well almost. 

This new 300 Professional Aquaracer 36mm is pretty darned close in spec to that piece, with the only differences that I can see being a regular second hand instead of a pink one and the first quarter of the bezel text being rendered in grey instead of pink. Other than that it looks pretty much identical to me, which is great if you really liked the unobtainable charity piece, but perhaps slightly less ideal if you were the one who bought it!

2021 Aquaracer Pink Ribbon (piece unique)

The charity piece does seem to have a little more 'Oomph!' somehow, which I think mainly derives from that partly pink bezel... but then again maybe the pink dial alone is enough for most people? Being that this is clearly a 'ladies' model, I consulted my wife and she declared that ideally she'd like the standard model but with the bezel from the piece unique (I agree, the pink second hand on the pink dial is a bit unnecessary in my book). But it's a little academic as at 36mm this is far too big for my wife's tiny wrists. So the question is (for her at least), when will TAG Heuer bring out a smaller (say 30mm) ceramic bezel Aquaracer... and if they do will they produce this model in that size?

The watch is available now and costs £2950.



WBP231J.BA0618: 6.1/10

9/10: "Not for me obviously, but I really love the pink and that lovely textured dial. Glad its on a bracelet and not a strap too!"

6/10: "I don't like this pink AR as much as the green version on a rubber strap…"

5/10: "Pink and diamonds really not my style. I don't see why all the major brands seem to think ladies' watches have to play to gender stereotypes these days either (mother of pearl dials, diamonds and bling, "girly" colours). In all other aspects, it's a great watch."

2/10: "This doesn't work IMHO and looks like a 'cheap' holiday special."

4/10: "'She Who Must Be Obeyed' looked and shook her head; nice size but not her thing, daughter agreed, she’d rather miss out on the diamonds and get a few other stronger colours and halve the price to get two different pieces."

7/10: "I think this will sell well with the ladies."

7/10: "Wife's rating, she likes pink and diamonds."

9.4/10: "I like it more than the green. But it is too small to be a ten so I guess I give this one a 9.4!"

5/10: "I find it hard to score the ladies watches. I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't wear it but it's not offensive."


No comments:

Post a Comment