Thursday 1 February 2024

FEATURE: My Top Ten Aquaracers by ThingzILikeToo

 

As you probably know, all this year we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of the mighty Aquaracer and a few weeks ago we kicked off our celebrations with a post from BP Smith who told you all about his favourite models. I said then that this series would continue throughout the year and true to my word here we are back with a second helping, this time in the company of another THF Forum and COCO Council member: ThingzILikeToo (Dominic). 

Don't worry if you missed BP Smith's post, all the 'Aquaracer@20' posts can be found by following the 'Aquaracer@20' label (link at the bottom of the page).

Okay, let's find out what Dominic has chosen for us...


#10. CBP113.BA0627 - 40mm Quartz Chronograph

I think these are nice diver chronographs and the size is perfect. I really like the big date, blue dial, and the ability to dress up with it on bracelet and dress down on a rubber strap make it very versatile.



#9. WAY208C.FC6383 – 43mm Calibre 5 Automatic

The black coated titanium and tan just work so well to me. I would feel ready for adventure with this on.


#8. CAF1011.BA0821 – 43mm Quartz Chronograph

This is my favourite of the Ani Digi watches TAG Heuer offered and would be great to have as a talking piece.



#7. WAK2121.BB0835 – 41mm Calibre 5 Automatic

I just love the bling this one brings, when I move to Miami, this will enter the collection.



#6. WAY208F.BF0638 – 43mm Calibre 5 Bamford Limited Edition

I like everything about this watch and would like to have a Bamford edition in my collection someday. This would be it if choosing an Aquaracer.



#5. WAK211A.BA0830 – 41mm Calibre 7 500M GMT

I almost bought this when I was looking to add a GMT to my collection. If not for the one I currently have, this would be in my collection now.



#4. WAJ1113.BA0870 – 43mm Calibre 5 500M Automatic

These have a tough look about them, pictures doesn’t do them justice. A killer orange dial as well puts it over the top.



#3. WAK2122.BB0835 – 41mm Calibre 5 500M Automatic

This used to be my #2 until the 'Night Diver' was released. There is something about the black
and gold that just gets me.



#2. WBP201D.FT6197 – 43mm 'Lume Dial' Calibre 5 Automatic

I have wanted this since they first came out. I have been hoping for a 40mm version. This will replace my Seiko diver when I have the funds.



#1. WBP1180.BF0000 – 40mm 'Solargraph' Solar Powered Quartz 

The first one I felt compelled to purchase as it was so comfortable, stylish, and easy to wear. The solar tech makes it my doomsday watch.


In looking at my choices, this could make for a nice 10 watch collection. I have recommended each one as a great entry into watch collecting. There is something for just about anyone, male or female.

Dominic.


Thanks Dominic, some great choices there again... but you really can't go wrong with the Aquaracer line can you? So many stunning pieces to choose from. It will be interesting to see which models crop up again as the series continues, for example the awesome WAY208C has already appeared in both posts so far, so perhaps we shall compile some kind of ultimate Aquaracer list when the year is done?


Click the link below to find all the 'Aquaracer@20' posts on this blog:



2 comments:

  1. Nice list! It’s always nice to see some quartz appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Refreshing to see a site that gives the Aquaracer line of watches some well deserved attention

    ReplyDelete