Wednesday 10 April 2024

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 5 'Kuwait' Limited Edition

WBN2016.BA0640

As I'm writing this, on Sunday the 7th of April, we're just days away from the opening of Watches & Wonders 2024... and knowing that most likely I am going to be asking a lot of the Council of Considered Opinion over the next few days I thought rather than asking them to give their 'First Impressions' score for this one, I would just keep this simple.


Essentially this is the same watch as the recently released 'maroon' dial Qatar edition, and if I had known about this one when I wrote about that one then I would most likely have lumped them in together. Alas I only found this one when I updated my part number list and realised that WBN2016 was missing. One quick Google later and here we are... 


I imagine the COCO would have made exactly the same noises about this as the Qatari version; grumbling about the Arabic script numerals and how hard it is to grade watches that aren't aimed at us here in the Western world, while either awarding more points because it's blue and not maroon or taking away points because it's blue and not maroon. Either way I think it's safe to say the outcome would probably have been much the same, somewhere around the 5.5/10 mark I imagine.


Well honestly there isn't too much to say about this one, aside from the dial markings* it's pretty much the same as a 41mm WBN2012 which can be found in any high street jeweller. As you can see the watch is limited to 100 pieces and has 'One of a Hundred' and 'Kuwait' engraved around the edge of the display caseback.

*Interestingly unlike the Qatar model this one uses regular letters and numbers for the day and date wheel. Not quite sure why that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment