Today we are joined by COCO member and THF Forum regular 'Thingziliketoo', who accepted my invitation to choose his top ten Formula 1's way back at the start of the year. As we get closer to the end of the year I'm interested to see which F1 will turn out to be the C.O.C.O's favourite. I'll be bringing you that in December, but we still have a few more top tens to get through before we get to that, including mine.
THINGZILIKETOO: "I am glad that Tag has brought back the vintage style of the original. I like how they experimented with design and colour. The most recent Indy release is my favourite of the bunch but I would happily have any of these in my collection. I hope they are a great success and continue to be new watch collectors first Swiss watch. Its pretty amazing to see so many of the old watches still trading hands and ticking away bringing back great memories of the past."
#10. 371.513 Quartz
AQUA-G: Definitely not the first 371.513 we've seen in these top ten posts and for good reason. I expect this to feature in the ultimate top ten come December.
#9. CA1211-RO* Limited Edition
AQUA-G: A special limited edition version of the CA1211-RO made to celebrate the Monaco Grand Prix in 1997. Just 70 pieces of this one, so good luck finding one!
#8. WAZ211A.BA0875 Calibre 7 'Batman' GMT
AQUA-G: Must admit I've always fancied a 'Batman' of some description and this is probably one of the better (and more affordable) options from TAG Heuer.
#7. 470.513 Chronograph
AQUA-G: I was never a big fan of the original F1 chronographs, but several people have chosen them for their lists. As I understand it these are a precarious buy as the movement isn't servicable... eek!
#6. WAH1013.BA0860 Gulf Quartz
AQUA-G: Kinda like these, but the Gulf branding adds a lot to the price. Could never decide between this or the Calibre S version and ended up with neither.
#5. WAZ101A.FC8305 Orange Dial Quartz
AQUA-G: Clearly the nicest watch on this list, since it's the only one I currently own. That said, the strap is a tough one to wear, but it's easily resolved by buying a bracelet! 🤣
#4. CAC111D.BA0850 Ani Digi
AQUA-G: Another one I've 'thought' about buying, but essentially it's a 2000 Multigraph in a Formula 1 case and I don't need both.
#3. WAZ2015.BA0842 Bucherer Limited Edition
AQUA-G: If you want a 'classy' looking Formula 1, then this is definitely the one to go for. Also came with a blue rubber strap for more sporty days. Perfect one watch collection on a budget. Very nice.
#2. WBY111D.FT8084 Limited Edition Solargraph
AQUA-G: Definitely one of the best of the new F1 Solargraphs, this one gives proper 80s vibes.
#1. WBY111G.BA0042 Indy 500 Limited Edition
AQUA-G: Haven't actually seen it in person yet, but it looks quite cool and it's nice to see the Indy logo presented in the centre with plenty of room around it. Again definite 80s/90s vibes from this one.
Thanks to THINGZILIKETOO and everyone who has contributed to this series this year. You can find all the other posts by clicking on the banner below.










No comments:
Post a Comment