Saturday 4 February 2017

ON THE WRIST: Link Quartz Chronograph

CJ1110.BA0576

TAG Heuer Outlet / Bicester Village, 4th March 2017

This was the first thing that caught my eye on walking into the TAG outlet today and my first impression was that it looked rather nice. I think it was about £1425 or something like that, which is about a £500 saving on new. 

The watch looks nice enough, although on closer inspection the dial wasn't all that... exciting, somehow. The bracelet is quite comfortable, which I've heard before but this was my first try with a Link (as far as I remember), but the clasp is horrible. I think it's the same as the one I tried on a Calibre 16 Formula One a couple of months back. A horrible, tinny thing that has no place anywhere near a £2000 watch.

The disappointments mounted up, and kept coming. I tried the chronograph and the pushers felt cheap and nasty and all in all left me feeling thoroughly underwhelmed. It didn't look all that on the wrist either, it looked like a £1200 watch maybe, I certainly wouldn't pay £1400 and I definitely wouldn't dream of paying £1900. Very disappointing indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment