Friday 11 September 2020

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer 2019-2020 Catalogue


Seeing these come and go on eBay over the last few months I'd always thought that once the boutiques were open again it would be no problem to pick one up to add to my collection. But when I enquired in the Sheffield boutique the other weekend I was told that because of 'Covid19' they weren't being sent any to give out... I mean, I would have been prepared to 'risk it', but there we are.

Call me a skeptic, but I suspect 'Covid19' might be used as a convenient excuse to kill the physical catalogue completely - I sincerely hope not, but I fear it might be. Which would be very sad, it's already a shadow of it's former glory thanks to the power of the (completely transient) internet and to lose it completely would be a real shame. Anyway, let's hope I'm wrong about that...

So, once I'd heard that I figured it was time to look on eBay again and secure myself the 2019-2020 catalogue before people realise you can't actually walk into a store and get one for free. I found mine for £8.50, which is reasonable I guess... interestingly mine has been on quite a journey, as it has a sticker inside the front from a boutique in Budapest!

This catalogue was the first to feature the new Autavia pieces, although of course the watches were withdrawn shortly after publication and re-instated later without the carbon hairspring. Also featured were the first green Aquaracers, which is somewhat hilarious given how quickly they sold out.







Apart from anything else I needed the latest catalogue to complete my Formula 1 (Era Six) post, something which is going to take quite a while to finalise I know. The item itself took a few days longer to arrive than I anticipated, but when it did arrive it was well packaged and looked brand spanking new, so all in all I'm pretty happy considering the price wasn't too OTT.

You can browse this catalogue by visiting the Calibre 11 website or clicking the link below
https://www.calibre11.com/catalogues/tag-heuer-annual-catalogues/2019-2020-catalogue/

No comments:

Post a Comment