Thursday 19 August 2021

SPOTLIGHT ON: TAG Heuer Pieces in the Latest 'EST 1897' Sale

 

Apologies to anyone not living in the UK, unfortunately this may not really be relevant to you...

You may or may not be aware of EST 1897; on balance I'm guessing not since they haven't really penetrated the market to the same extent that (for example) Watchfinder have, but they do have a considerable amount of pre-owned watch stock including a lot of TAG Heuer pieces. You may even have one of their branches nearby and not know it, because while they do have their own branded stores they also operate through any network of pawn shops, which means you can have watches sent to your local store to try on.

I have personally bought two watches from my local EST 1897 pawn shop and had zero problems with either. Both had a year's warranty (now expired) and both were bought during one of the company's fairly frequent sale events. I was very lucky to pick up my Link Searacer for the ridiculously low price of £500 (reduced from £995 - which is much more like it, but in fact still quite low) and I also bought my 2000 Exclusive in two-tone from them at a decent discount too.

This morning I got an email from them telling me that their latest sale was starting today and I headed over to their website to check it out. Unlike most pre-owned watch companies, when EST 1897 do a sale they don't just pick out some slow moving stock and drop the prices, they just reduce almost everything they've got - which is pretty silly when you think about it, but it does present some great opportunities for the potential customer.


CAZ101AC.FT8024

The first thing that caught my eye was this current model Formula 1 with a carbon effect dial and yellow trim. This watch is currently for sale on the TAG Heuer website for £1400 and yet here it has been reduced from £995 to £795!



CAH7011.BA0860

It seems almost impossible to find one of these 44mm Calibre S Formula 1s in perfect condition; every one that I've come across in the last five years has either had wear to the black bezel or scratches to the aluminium insert - or both. This one also has wear to the bezel at the 5:00 - 5:30 position, but the price is nice at £715, reduced from £895. For comparison, last time Watchfinder had one of these I'm pretty sure it was £995.



999.806

It wasn't too long ago that I was looking for a white dial quartz 4000 Series and the only one I could find stung me for £500 (albeit it was the later WAF1112 version); if only I'd waited! This one is reduced from £395 to a very appealing £315 and with a selection of brightly coloured sharkskin straps (available from TAG Heuer) you will undoubtedly be the envy of all your friends. 

It's still got its green paint too!

https://est1897.co.uk/collections/sale/products/tag-heuer-professional-999-806a-38mm-stainless-steel-mens-watch


CL111A.BA0700

Perennially overlooked and consequently undervalued, this F1 Kirium was the King of the range back in 2004, and yet this can be yours today for just £475 (was £595) with a year's warranty! It actually makes me angry how cheap this is, so much so that I'm almost tempted to buy this as a 'spare' - I'm joking, but people come on... this is the most ridiculous bargain of the lot!



WBC2112.BA0603

Or is it? How about a current model Link for £1275 (current list price £2400), this seems like an insanely good deal...

https://est1897.co.uk/collections/sale/products/tag-heuer-vintage-wbc2112-41mm-stainless-steel-mens-watch


CAR2112.FC6267

Of course, the only problem with a (pre-owned) sale like this is that stock is limited so you need to be in a position to move fast to take full advantage. Someone already bagged this gorgeous 300 SLR for just £1720 (reduced from £2150) and someone else snagged the elusive yellow dial Aquaracer Calibre S below for just £1195. 

CAF7013.BA0815

Admittedly the original price of £1495 seems a tad on the high side to me, but then again, given the number of people who have asked me where they can get one over the years - maybe not. 


This is just a taste of what is available, there are about 370 TAG Heuer watches in the sale and of course EST 1897 stock many other brands as well. As I say, I have bought two watches from them with no issues but I have no affiliation with them, I'm just trying to point you guys in the direction of some very competitive prices. Let me know in the comments if you pick something up...

No comments:

Post a Comment