Sunday 15 May 2022

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer Kirium Toolkit


While the more sensible side of my brain knows that I need to stop purchasing things just because they have a TAG Heuer badge on them, unfortunately my less sensible 'collector' side still can't help itself when it sees a shiny object... so when this cool TAG Heuer Kirium toolkit came up on eBay a few weeks ago I knew I would end up buying it as long as it didn't attract silly sums of money.


In the end I got it for just over £50, which I thought was pretty reasonable, albeit there's actually not too much in the box once you take off the lid. But it did come with some instructions - which look like they have been sent by Telex (no one under 40 is going to have a clue what that means) and also a very funky TAG Heuer branded link removal tool.


Also I received a small booklet, which I have done my best to capture using the panorama mode on my phone... it's a but jerky in places but quite readable.



It's interesting to read, if only because of some of the odd word choices... I can't believe they described the clasp as 'massive'... also three 'massive' links and 'massive' folding plates. They use the word massive four times in this booklet. 

Also it's interesting to read that the Kirium is 'representative of the most modern trends. Its design is based on absolute fluidity, purity of form and soberness'. 

Soberness? No wonder our alcohol abusing Swedish correspondent doesn't like the Kirium!

Ah well, no doubt this will now live in the back of my cupboard, forever unopened and forgotten... unless of course one day I should need to take a link out of one of my Kiriums! Then of course it will be super useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment