Wednesday 15 March 2017

SPOTLIGHT ON: Formula One Quartz Chronograph

CAU1119.FT6024

Here's a watch I probably should have tried on when I was in Bicester Village the other day. Unfortunately I can't remember the price they were selling it for, but if I do return there in the next couple of weeks and they still have it I will make a note and update this post.

I like this watch a lot, the blue detailing looks great although it doesn't stand out quite as much as it could against the silver/grey dial. This watch has a 42mm case, so it's a little bigger than my WAH1110. That wouldn't be too much of a bother for me as I can wear up to a 45mm quite happily. But I suspect this has the same (or a similar) strap to the one which my everyday F1 came with, and I had to replace that because the clasp was horrible and irritated my wrist like you wouldn't believe.

That aside, this is a great looking watch, the black edge to the bezel is a nice touch and the more I look at this one the more I really like it. It reminds me of the CAH7011 which I was mildly infatuated with for a while a few months ago, albeit that watch was a Calibre S rather than a standard quartz chrono.

CAH7011.BA0860

I still haven't come across one of those yet, and sadly I think it's only available on a bracelet. I think it would look rather good on a rubber strap myself, but I suppose that's something that could be achieved without too much difficulty. Despite the aesthetic similarities, the CAH7011 is actually a 44mm case, and that makes me wonder if that isn't a bit large for an F1?

But I'm getting off topic here, the CAU1119 is clearly a nice looking piece and if it's still there next time I will be having a closer look I think. I doubt I will buy it though, because I'm trying to add another automatic watch to my collection and buying another quartz will just deplete my fund. I know I bought my Microtimer recently but that was a special case, since it is so different to any other TAG out there. While this is nice, for me it would probably be an 'everyday' kind of watch and I don't really need another one of those just at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment