Sunday 8 July 2018

SPOTLIGHT ON: Some Interesting Finds on Ebay...


Due to Ebay's new policy of deleting listing pages the second the auction is finished I won't be posting links to the auctions, but these are all currently on eBay and shouldn't be too difficult to find if you want to.

WK111D-0

My first pick is a WK111D-0 2000 Series which is pretty standard except that it features the Royal Crown of Jordan on the dial, which is pretty darned cool I'm sure you'd agree! Also, can you think of any other watch where the TAG Heuer logo is at the 9 position? Neither can I... This is a Buy It Now listing and will set you back £474, which is quite a hefty sum for a 2000, but then few 2000s have this one's 'gravitas'.

165.806/1

Next up we have one of the much sought after 2000s with the Breitling style bezel. I believe there was some kind of court case where Breitling served TAG with a copyright suit, though I don't know anything more than that unfortunately. Considering the amount of copying that goes on in the watch world it seems kind of hilarious that two companies should be going to court over it, but then again this one absolutely screams Breitling. Yours (with no strap) for £625, or bidding starts at £299...

S93.306C

Our next pic is this gloriously tacky S/EL in two tone black and gold. This is kind of horrendous, but it's so horrendous that I love it! Believe me, if this was on a bracelet not a leather strap I would be after this, big time. Sadly, there's no bracelet, and this piece is on a Buy It Now for £999, which is a chunk of change. Still, for the right person I'm sure this is going to be a dream buy.

214.306

A pre TAG Heuer watch next, this is a Heuer Executive, which is gold plated - though it's not at all apparent from the pictures. Surprisingly for an older piece, this watch measures 41.5mm including the crown, but is a decent diameter enough to make this wearable today? It's a unique look and I can't see many really falling in love with it, my guess is it will end up in the hands of a Heuer collector and live in a display case somewhere. £642 will get you a piece of Heuer history, if you want it...

WA1214

Something less unusual and rare, this 80s Formula 1 is being sold as a 'ladies' watch, but I'm pretty sure that it's the regular 35mm mens model. This really is crazy because it's being offered at a price of £175, which is ludicrously low for the condition. I've tried to enquire about the diameter and bracelet length but as yet the seller hasn't come back to me. If it is 35mm that's still too small for me, but I might be tempted to buy it anyway, just to add to my collection.

264.006

Here's a 2000 you don't see every day, and again this is from the very early days of the TAG Heuer brand and probably originated in the Heuer days. The watch looks to be in immaculate condition and its 40mm diameter makes it a perfect modern wearer, but this classic 18k gold TAG does not come cheap, you'll need to part with £828 to acquire it. Good news for the larger wristed though, as the band supplied will fit a 7.95" wrist.

WH5253

Last but not least we come to this lovely 6000 series with a two tone case, a leather band and an unusual green dial. This one is for sale from Japan, which means there's extra import taxes, so that's something to bear in mind. I really like this, but I've already got one 6000 and I don't really 'need' another one. Like mine, this is on the smaller side with a diameter of just 38mm (which is my bottom limit) and just 9.5mm thick. Could be worth keeping an eye on this one as it might possibly turn out to be a bargain, with a starting price of just £151 I think this will go a lot higher, but you never know... 


Finally, if you've already got all the watches you need, why not fill your room with the scent of 'TAG Heuer' courtesy of this promotional candle, yours for just £45. No mention of what 'TAG Heuer' actually smells like, I'm guessing a mixture of sandal wood and engine oil...

No comments:

Post a Comment