Saturday 24 August 2019

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer Dealer Catalogue 2004-2005


Apologies for yet another 'catalogue' post, as I said the other day, this 2004/2005 Master Catalogue came from the same chap as the 2005-2006 Master Catalogue I secured last week.



The first thing that struck me in the catalogue was that I wasn't aware that the Formula 1 had been available in two different sizes: 40mm and 37mm (which is closer to the size of the older generation of Formula 1s at 38mm), this seems to hark back to the older days of 'TAG Heuer' when a lot of watches were available in three sizes; mens, ladies and 'mid-size' (alhough having said that, I notice that a lot of the diamond encrusted bezel watches are 37mm - which seems large for ladies watches).



WAB1112

The other thing that struck me looking down the index tabs was that this catalogue contained both Aquaracer and 2000 models, at first I assumed this was because they had both models still in stock (this is a dealer catalogue remember) but actually on closer inspection it seems that the 'Aquaracer' name was originally a suffix and not the name of the model itself. I can't quite believe this has passed me by until now, but that's why these catalogues are invaluable!

I'm quite taken with this WAB1112 model, but having Googled it, it seems there's only one currently for sale in the UK and the seller wants £850... it looks like a reasonable price given what others have sold for, but I'm not sure I want it badly enough to pay that. But I'll keep looking...




Nice to see the Kirium Ti5 in here, you might remember I posted the other day about the copy of International Watch Magazine that I picked up which featured the launch of this particular model.


In the middle we have my wife's pink dial Alter Ego, alongside the more common dark blue variant and one that I've certainly never come across before.





It's often forgotten that the Autavia had a short lived revival in the mid 00s. Personally I didn't really like the case shape and I'm not surprised that they went for a more conventional case shape when they launched the Autavia Heuer 02 a few years ago. It must have come out a little later because it's not featured in this catalogue, but there was also a rose gold version of the 00s Autavia which had a white dial and came on a brown leather strap (CY5140).

After the disappointment of Sunday and missing out on the 1988 Catalogue, it was very pleasing to get this in the post on Monday morning, and I'm afraid I have a confession... after I bought this one I contacted the seller to ask if he had more 'Dealer' catalogues to sell on eBay, and the upshot is that I have three more on the way...
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment