Sunday 4 August 2019

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer Rubber Strap BT0702

BT0702

It's nearly three years since I bought the BT0702 rubber strap for the first time, then for my black dial 2000 Series which I subsequently sold (along with the rubber strap) because I felt the case size was too small for my wrist and didn't expect to replace it (the BT0702 is specific to the 2000 case). So consequently, when I bought my 2000 Series Multigraph I should probably have realised that I was going to have the same old problems with the bracelet that led me to buy the rubber strap the first time around.

But of course, I didn't. It was a triumph of optimism over experience and consequently I ended up having to re-order the BT0702 as I literally could not wear my Mutligraph without chewing up my wrist. Believe me I tried to get on with the clasp, I even went as far as filing down the sharp edges that sat lower than the main section of the clasp, but it was no good; my wrist would not stand it and so I had to get this strap all over again.


It only took a couple of weeks to come in to the Bicester store and I scooted over one night after work to get it fitted. It's not the easiest of straps to fit by all accounts but Sophie (who is quite charming to talk to by the way) got there in the end and it looks great to me. I don't remember it smelling of vanilla last time and on first acquaintance it was a bit overpowering (actually it gave me a bit of a headache!) but it quickly settled down to a more subtle scent and after a couple of days it was much less noticeable.

Initially I thought the watch looked slightly better on the bracelet, but it still looks good on the rubber strap and the comfort and wearability is night and day better. I really enjoyed wearing this strap the first time round and it's nice to have it back in the collection again, and actually the more I wear it the more I'm starting to think maybe I prefer it this way after all... 


The BT0702 costs £135, which is perhaps quite a lot for a fairly simple strap, but I'm not really into fitting aftermarket straps to my watches, I'd much prefer to keep my entire collection 100% pure TAG Heuer, so it's worth it to me. It's nicely made; the buckle and pin are nicely manufactured and the strap has four (count 'em) TAG Heuer logos on it. I really like that, I get that some people might not but they are all pretty subtle, this is no 'in your face' Breitling rubber strap that's for sure!

Honestly I wish I could have got on with the bracelet, because I think it looks neat and it would have been nice to have the choice, but I can definitely live with this rubber strap and it's been a blessing in the stupidly warm weather we've been having recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment