Sunday 14 June 2020

GALLERY: TAG Heuer 3000 Series Quartz Watch


Technically speaking, this is a 'vintage' watch, even though it was made in the late 1980s. It strikes me as somewhat odd that it has that label and that apparently there is no distinction between a watch from that era and say the 1940s. Once something becomes 100 years old it becomes 'antique' but everything between 20 and 100 years old is simply termed 'vintage'... I'm not sure I like that the era of my teens is now considered 'vintage', or 'olden times' as my 12 year old niece put it last night!

In an unrelated matter, my mother in law told me she saw an episode of 'Flog It' last week which featured a 'Heuer' watch, though she didn't know what it was. I've scoured the internet to try and find it for you guys, but I've come up blank. Does anyone have a link to it by any chance?

EDIT: Turns out it was actually a repeat of Antiques Roadshow, here's a link to the episode:


No comments:

Post a Comment