Tuesday 4 August 2020

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer 1991 'Selection' Catalogue

3 19 01

The problem with watching things on eBay and bidding at the last minute, is that sometimes you get distracted! So it was with this catalogue, which I watched for several days and then somehow missed bidding on it before it ended. Fortunately it was relisted straight away, but that meant I had to wait another week for it to finish, and this time I decided to just bid on it straight away instead of swooping in at the last second as I normally do!

Unbelievably I was the only bidder and I picked up this mint condition 34 page 'selection' catalogue for just £4. Ridiculous. I would have paid £10 for it without blinking an eyelid. Still, there's actually nothing in here that isn't in the myriad other catalogues I already have, but that's beside the point, it's another lovely piece of memorabilia to add to my ever growing collection.






























The catalogue also came complete with the price list, which is always fun to look at. For example, my Pilot chronograph was £860 in 1991, and my S/EL chronos in steel and two tone were £950 and £1160 respectively.



The seller (Vendome1801) packed the catalogue between two pieces of stiff card, thus maintaining it's minty appearance and didn't rip me off on the carriage either, so all round this was the perfect eBay experience!

While checking to see if David had this on his Calibre 11 'Catalogues page' it emerged that while he did, his catalogue was completely different to mine (presumably different countries or regions have different catalogues - his has the part number 3 19 02) so as I was scanning it for him anyway, I thought I would include the whole catalogue here rather than just a few pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment