Friday 21 May 2021

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer 2019-2020 Dealer Catalogue

 
While I have managed to amass a considerable number of TAG Heuer catalogues and literature, dealer catalogues are always harder to come by. I have several from the 00s, but until now nothing more recent than 2011. Every now and then I see one on eBay but the prices are always £100+ which is more than I am willing to pay, especially if they aren't even in English! 


But the other day I was lucky enough to spy a dealer catalogue on eBay (with a very poor picture) listed for £39.99. I wasn't entirely sure what I was getting as the description wasn't terribly descriptive - but I knew that whatever it was I didn't have it so it was worth a punt. I had visions of it arriving and being a lot smaller / thinner than I anticipated, but in actual fact I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was indeed a full sized, ring-bound dealer catalogue which also included two other booklets with it.


The transaction was easy enough and the catalogue rocked up in a couple of days. The cover is a bit creased but to be fair that was mentioned in the listing. Apart from that it's all in very good condition.


One of the booklets is a staff training manual which illustrates how to layout window displays etc, and the other is a guide book for staff on the Connected smart watch. Our Catalan
friend Albert AMG contacted me to express an interest in that and seeing that I really didn't have any myself I decided I would send it to him to add to his every expanding collection of Connected paraphernalia. I really can't think of a better place for it. :)


It's kind of ironic that the catalogue includes the rarer than hen's teeth green dial Aquaracer, I thought the catalogues only usually carried the core range... but there it is, taunting me on page 94!

All in all, a very nice piece to add to my collection and a very fair price to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment