Sunday 24 July 2022

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: TAG Heuer Aquaracer 200 Professional Ladies Watch

 
WBP231G.FT6226

TAG Heuer has a long history of releasing teal dial watches, in the past these were most commonly 2000 Series pieces which featured the names of holiday destinations such as 'The Bahamas' or 'Bora Bora', but recently teal dials have been a bit thin on the ground. Well... I guess there was that limited edition 39mm heritage Carrera, although I think that was officially designated a 'green' dial.


But then according to the TAG Heuer website, this one is officially a 'blue' dial Aquaracer, which is a bit odd because they already have a 'blue' dial 36mm Aquaracer 300 Professional in the range, and it looks nothing like this one!


If the limited edition Naomi Osaka Aquaracer was a bit pale for you then this one could be a viable alternative, it shares similar features: wave dial, diamond hour markers and coloured rubber strap. But it's still quite large for a ladies watch at 36mm. I showed it to my wife and she loved the colour (well the colour of the render anyway) but she's already tried the silver dial version on so she knows this is a non starter for her.


I imagine quite a lot of 36mm Aquaracers are bought by guys with smaller wrists and I've already heard a moan or two from the C.O.C.O. Council about the presence of diamonds making this too feminine and restricting the market. My answer was there's plenty of man-sized watches with diamonds on the dial (and bezel) but I get their point. If the watch is already on the smaller side and courting ambiguity then this is marking it out as a 'ladies' watch, so it's a shame there isn't a plain dial option.


Anyway, beyond the unusual dial colour there isn't too much to say about this one so it's time to turn it over to the Council for their 'considered opinion', take it away chaps... (and in some cases, significant others).





WBP231G.FT6226: 6.0/10


7/10: "I like this one. Too bad it has diamonds which makes it a grey area if a male with smaller wrist wants to wear it."

9/10: "It's nice, if bigger I would score it a 10 but now I only give it a 9."

7/10: "Good for those who missed out on the Osaka LE. I suppose lots of ladies will like this."

2/10: "Since I really don't care about ladies watches, I let my wife do the honours. Unlike me, she pulled no punches when it comes to a colour she dislikes. Her comment "ugly colour"

7/10: "I like this bold take."

6/10: "Diamonds not for me, but I appreciate the unique colour scheme, dial pattern and matching strap. It works."

5/10: "I can see the appeal and think it would work with & without diamonds."

7/10: "More tasteful than the pink one."

4/10: "Colour better but - the sparkles. 4/10 with, 6/10 without."

8/10: "I don’t like diamonds on watches, but considering it’s a ladies watch -where diamonds are more usual- I like this one."

4/10: "Not a fan of green."

8/10: "I love the dial and without seeing it in person, it looks like they have matched the strap up well with that beautiful dial. A solid watch."

No comments:

Post a Comment