Thursday 10 August 2023

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: TAG Heuer Aquaracer Ladies 'Red Dial' Calibre 9 Watch

 
WBP2414.BA0618

TAG Heuer's recent green dial 30mm Aquaracer missed the mark with me, but more importantly my watch-enthusiast wife rather liked it. This time around she's a lot less convinced, and I have to say I agree. By comparison the green looks much the better of the two and like its 40mm counterpart the dial looks a rather peculiar shade of red and very wishy washy looking.


But then we see the watch in this picture and it looks more pink, and the dial is more obviously 'mother of pearl'... I'm still not convinced I'm going to like it, but it seems a certainty that we aren't really going to get the measure of this one until it's actually on the table in front of us. I mean seriously, these two pictures look like two completely different watches!


Regardless, I'm still not convinced that the black date wheel was a good design choice and I really don't like the polished steel bezel (albeit I can see that perhaps the intended audience will prefer it over a brushed one). 

I don't really have too much more to say about this one, and the COCO council was even less forthcoming that usual with their input (perhaps they have release fatigue, God knows I have!) but still here are the comments that I did receive.





3.5/10: "I hope that this looks better in real life because the dial looks horrible! Even the diamonds can't save it, so based on this picture I score it a 3.5."

7.5/10: "I like this a lot the pink dial looks very nice and adds a good contrast with the bezel. Diamonds just add to the appeal along with the negative date window."

4/10: "I’m sorry but this one is a 4/10 for me. I don’t like diamonds on the dial, I don’t like this polished bezel, and I don’t like the finish of the dial…"

3/10: "Expert (wife) not impressed, doesn’t like the diamonds and the polish makes it look well worn?"

4/10: "I don't care for it. I much prefer the pink with diamonds & black bezel, as does my wife."

3/10: "Pinky red, shiny bezel, diamonds on the dial, and a nasty black minutes track to go with the plain silver handset. No thanks."

2/10: "That looks terrible."

3/10: "It doesn't look like a cute watch for women, but it's cute with just the coloring, which doesn't seem very popular."

7/10: "Great colour, lovely diamonds, perfect amount of bling for wonderful people like me."

3/10: "I wonder how many 'women's models' are sold nowadays. I hardly see young women wearing them.."

1/10: "My Wife just gave it a 1 at best. 'Like something on a stall in Bodrum from 1997' she said."

No comments:

Post a Comment