Tuesday 1 August 2023

SPOTLIGHT ON: TAG Heuer Aquaracer 'Ibiza' Limited Edition Calibre 5 Watch

 
WBP231G.FT6234

As you may or may not recall, at the tail end of 2021 (I think I actually covered it at the start of 2022 because I didn't find out about it straight away) TAG Heuer released a twenty piece limited edition 43mm Aquaracer 'Ibiza' edition, which was basically a blue dial Aquaracer with a black ceramic bezel instead of a blue one. It was a pretty small change, but it looked great... better than the normal one in my opinion, and it also came in a very funky box.


Well, fast forward to 2023 and they've done it again. Only this time they are using the teal dial 36mm Calibre 5 Aquaracer as the base (which already has a black bezel) and for a point of difference they've given it a white rubber strap. Yeah... I'm not too sure this really works that great if I'm honest. I guess it's okay, maybe you have to see it in person. 


Again it comes in the funky 'Ibiza' box, pretty sure this is the same as last time, or if not very similar. I've seen it on a couple of websites already, firstly 'Rabat' which is a Spanish jeweller that has done collaborations with TAG Heuer in the past and also 'Watch Test' which is a media site. 

WBP231G.BA0618

Meanwhile, TAG Heuer have also slipped the WBP231G onto their website wearing the BA0618 bracelet found on other models in the range. From what I understand a lot of people who bought the 36mm teal dial Aquaracer ordered a bracelet for it so it makes perfect sense to offer the option from the start. I thought the teal rubber looked pretty cool, but I can see why it makes sense to have a bracelet too.

Since these are not really 'new' releases, merely variations on an older watch, I won't bother the Council with them until the big end of year vote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment