Saturday 24 December 2016

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Carrera Heuer01 Chronograph Full Black Matt Ceramic

CAR2A91.BH0742

Another day, another variation on the Heuer 01 skeleton theme, but this one is pretty cool. To me it looks so much nicer than it's 'steel' counterpart, the transition from bracelet to case looks less clunky (although the rubber bracelet is still streets ahead in this particular area) and the full black treatment really works here. 

While essentially a ceramic watch, this is actually built around a steel core to allow for precision fixing of parts and threads (I wonder if the Omega Dark Side of the Moon is full ceramic then?), the bracelet is ceramic though and gives this model a unique look. After all, you can count the number of black bracelet TAG Heuer's available on the fingers of one hand, it would be nice if they keep it that way though and don't start making everything with a black bracelet.

Cost is CHF7,000 which equates to about £5500 ($6800) and there is a rubber strap version available which is a fair bit cheaper, this retails for CHF5,000 (£4000 / $4900) which in effect means the strap costs £1500! Wow, that is one expensive bracelet. 

Obviously, this isn't for me as I own the original Heuer 01 skeleton and I wouldn't want two similar watches in such a small collection as mine, but I do like it a lot and if I didn't own the one I do I think I would consider this a possibility for purchase. It would certainly be interesting to see it on the wrist, and I think if you're going to go for this then you might as well go the whole hog and get the bracelet as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment