Tuesday 6 December 2016

Just a little update...

I have been working very hard trying to get the gallery blog finished (well, as near 'finished' as can be reasonably expected), so I really haven't had any spare time to work on this blog. I have uploaded about 700 pictures so far and I have about another 300 in hand. Believe me I had no idea what I was taking on when I decided to start a TAG gallery. Naively, I thought maybe I could get 'every' watch on there, but I soon realised that probably wasn't realistic. But still I pushed on trying to get as many numbers as I could, squinting at scans of the catalogues I don't have on Calibre 11... rather pointlessly as it turns out as there aren't nearly as many photos of old S/EL watches on the internet as you might think, and boy is there any number of the damned things.

I did come across a few things on my travels though, some old watches I'd never seen before like the 'Aviation' and I also wasn't aware that the Autavia had been re-issued before either. I think it was just in one catalogue, about 2005ish (maybe?), three versions including a gold one. Can't say that I liked the case shape much though...


Nice dial, very nice dial in fact, but that case reminds me far too much of the ugly Omega Speedmaster II. I also rather like the 'Speedracer', that's another one I hadn't come across before.

I should be finished uploading everything by the weekend, and then it will be a case of adding things as and when. I may even add additional photos so that when you click on the main photo they will become visible - maybe things like photos of the watch back, etc..

Where possible I will also try to find better photos were necessary, because some of the photos aren't the best, particularly of the old 80s models. Speaking of the old 80s models, I've tried to get one of each range (though I know I haven't), but there's no way I'm going to be able to get each and every individual model. I'm now reliably informed that there are something like 6000 TAG Heuer watches, which I find hard to believe (but I'm sure Calibre 11 knows what he's talking about) and really I'm not that bothered about the old models that I'm going to spend too much more time on them. I may be on my own here but to me a lot of the S/ELs (in particular) are pretty foul looking things, especially the ones with leather straps.

When I'm done I will add a more prominent link on the side bar here, and then I can get back to writing some blog posts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment