Wednesday 1 January 2020

ON THE WRIST: TAG Heuer Kirium Quartz Watch

WL1116.BA0702

TAG Heuer Boutique / Bicester Village, 19th September 2019

You may not be aware of it, indeed there's no reason you should be aware of it... but today is a special day in the calendar because it's 'Manager Tom's' (from TAG Heuer Bicester Village) birthday; so I thought, what better day to take a look at his blue dial quartz Kirium!


That blue dial is gorgeous isn't it? It really struck me looking at these photographs, just how similar Tom's Kirium is to the one I picked up for my wife a few months ago (the one I polished up as it arrived rather more scratched than I had anticipated). The Mercedes hands look great on it too and don't seem to be showing any signs of ageing as yet, interesting that they put a lume spot on the second hand as well, that seems quite unusual. This must be one of the earlier Kiriums as the model got its own bespoke hands later on.

Apologies, by the way, for the reflections... the TAG Heuer boutique is a nightmare to take photographs in as the lighting is so intrusive. 


My affinity for the Kirium is well known, and indeed my first TAG Heuer was a Kirium. It's interesting though that my blue Kirium chronograph dial doesn't look the same colour as Tom's three hander, this one is a deeper blue I would say, nicer actually... and easier to photograph! Mine looks less 'jewel' coloured, if that makes sense?


The WL1116 Kirium is 37mm in diameter and approximately 11mm thick, which is by no means a large watch, but Tom carries it off despite being a big chap and 6 foot plus. I would certainly be interested in getting one of these for myself at some stage, should the opportunity come up at the right price. But then I'd also quite like the salmon dial one, the white dial one and perhaps the gold bezel one too... there's just too many Kiriums I'd like to get hold of!


So I'm sure all my readers will join me in offering my best wishes to Tom on his 31st birthday, and I'd also like to take this opportunity to wish my readers a Happy New Year also. My blog seems to have enjoyed something of a growth spurt during the latter half of 2019 (no doubt thanks to Tom and the Bicester Village crew putting the word out), so I'm hopeful that I can keep growing and finding new TAG Heuer enthusiasts out there to share my passion with and make 2020 our best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment