Sunday 15 March 2020

SPOTLIGHT ON: TAG Heuer Aquaracer Ladies Quartz with Diamonds

WAY1395.BH0716

TAG Heuer Boutique / Bicester Village 21st February 2020

I am very blessed to have a wife who shares my love of watches; sure she doesn't care about part numbers like I do, she doesn't spend way more time than is probably healthy looking at watches on the internet each day... and so far her collection numbers less than half of mine (still an impressive ten pieces), but she doesn't roll her eyes every time I send her a photo of a watch either, so it's a win/win for me! 

Perhaps because she is so engaged I look at ladies watches with a lot more interest than a lot of guys and while I am never going to be able to wear most of these watches (I would totally wear that white and diamond Monaco though) I can still appreciate a beautiful timepiece just the same. On a recent visit to the TAG Heuer outlet at Bicester Village this stunning Aquaracer caught my attention and I had to get a closer look.


I really like the black polished ceramic Aquaracers and this one is truly exceptional. The finish is more like black chrome rather than simply a 'shiny' ceramic; it has a translucent quality to it that the photographs don't really do justice to and it really does look incredibly beautiful. 

You probably won't notice at first but the diamonds are set into a polished steel bezel, in truth this is probably because it's a lot easier to set diamonds into steel than ceramic but they could have PVD coated it instead if they'd wanted to, but it looks great like this and I actually think it helps the design as sometimes when you see these diamond bezel Aquaracer's the diamond setting is broken up by the black over-riders, but here because they are silver it flows a lot better.


This WAY139S Aquaracer is quartz powered and measures 35mm across the face (which is about the same as a classic 'resin' Formula 1 as it happens), it's too small for me of course, but if they made this in a 39mm say, I would happily wear it! The only thing I don't like about this watch is the butterfly clasp on the bracelet, but I'm told once you get used to it they aren't so bad.

List price on this one was originally £3095, but Bicester Village currently has this for £2165. You know, getting your wife interested in watches makes your life a whole lot easier, so this could be a good investment, or a sweetener when you want to pick up that Monaco you've been after maybe? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment