Saturday 4 April 2020

FEATURE: Keeping Track of Wrist Time #1


At the start of the year I decided it would be a good idea to keep a track of which watches I wear each day. The intention was not to influence wear rates, merely to observe - but I think the act of writing down what I was wearing each morning had the unintended effect of making me choose less randomly, I suppose this was inevitable...

Even so I am somewhat surprised by the results, especially when it came to the two watches that I have worn the most over the last three months. While I do like my red S/EL I really wouldn't have pegged the blue dial Aquaracer as a top watch, but it seems like I go to it quite often according to these figures. I didn't realise how much I liked my Link Searacer either...


Now, there are some caveats to mention. I don't wear my automatic watches to work, so I wouldn't exepect the Aquagraph, the WAY208C Aquaracer or the two Carreras to be front runners here... and given that I won't be going out much in the next few months I guess they won't be getting much wrist time for a while, unless I start wearing them around the house!

Also the watches marked with an asterisk have been somewhat compromised:

The 932.206 3000 Series is currently out of action because I need to sort out a pin to hold the strap together. More on this another time...

The WAJ1111 Aquaracer was away for several weeks at the service centre having a new battery and a new bezel spring fitted, but I have it back now.

The CG1110 S/EL is currently away at the service centre having a service, polish and re-lume.

The WN1112 2000 Exclusive is currently away at the service centre having a service and the crown repaired.

The WAZ1014 is currently in the safe at TAG Heuer Bicester Village as it came back from a warranty repair minus the lume on the minute hand and had to go back again, it came back just before the lockdown started but I didn't get a chance to collect it.

Don't know when I will get the last three back again as the service centre and Bicester Village are both closed for the time being.

The one that sticks out I guess is the F1 Kirium, which I've only worn once in the last three months. Not because I don't like it, but I am a bit precious about that one as it was my first ever TAG Heuer and aside from a small scratch to the AR coating on the sapphire it is pretty much mint. I don't like to wear that one to work either, but then it has to compete with my automatics for wrist time when going out.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out over the year... and it's now been three months since I added any watches to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment