Thursday 24 June 2021

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer 3000 Series Ladies Quartz Watch

 
932.208

The 932.206 all steel 3000 Series has always been one of my absolute favourite watches and one that I consider 100% 'not for sale'. So when the opportunity arose to purchase the ladies version of the same for a very reasonable price a few weeks ago I couldn't resist, especially since last time I wore my 932.206 my wife commented on how much she liked it.


The watch was offered (via eBay) by Warrington Jewellers and attracted eleven bids in total, but as usual I kept my cool and swooped in at the last second, securing the watch for a very affordable £168. The watch arrived the next day IIRC, or maybe the day after... extremely quickly anyway and came in a nice (non TAG Heuer) presentation box made of faux leather with white stitching.


The watch is in incredible condition, although the lume has patinated quite a lot and looks a very gold/cream colour (this is not unusual, judging by other photos of the same model on the internet) unlike mine which is very much still the original green/white. 


Foolishly, I never considered the size of the bracelet - mainly because my wife's wrists are so small it has never been an issue on any watch she's bought; but opening the box I was struck by just how small the bracelet on this one was and I got that 'sinking' feeling. The bracelet was slightly bigger than my three largest fingers side by side, so I sneaked her green and black F1 out of it's box and checked and it was roughly the same. Thankfully when I gave it to her it was the perfect size, which was just as well because there was no adjustment left in the clasp and no spare links!


Needless to say my wife was super happy when I gave it to her along with a second 'leather' bound watch box (she's just filled the first one) and so now we have four matching' watches (and another one on the way - more about that anon). She commented how 'different' it is from anything else she has in her collection, which is a good sign since she only likes to buy watches that are 'different' from things she already has - unlike me she doesn't think it's worth buying the same watch with different dial colours... hahaha.

It's crazy how cheap women's watches can be picked up on eBay, even when there are other interested parties and it's a small price to pay to smooth over one's own purchases - if you know what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment