Wednesday 28 September 2022

SPOTLIGHT ON: TAG Heuer Carrera Heuer 02T 'Singapore Boutique' Limited Edition

 
CAR5A8J.EBXXXX

Released back in 2019 I only came across this one about a month ago while researching the history of the Carrera. You may remember there was a Ginza (Japan) boutique edition which was similar but had red highlights instead of purple. Purple has been chosen here as it matches the colour which decorates the front of the ION Orchard Mall (where the TAG Heuer boutique is situated) and which was celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2019 - hence this special edition.

 
Admittedly this colour scheme is quite 'feminine', but I quite like it and the watch is anything but, being a substantial 45mm in diameter (as all TAG Heuer's Carrera Tourbillons are). I must admit though, if I was putting up my own money and buying one of these I think I'd probably go for the Ginza boutique version, that white and red colour scheme is pretty darned cool...


Being that this was launched three years ago now, I would imagine it's no longer available. But for the sake of interest I can tell you that there were only ten pieces made and though the watch came on this white rubber strap it also came complete with a second black alligator strap if you felt like toning the watch down a little bit. I mean, okay... I can't imagine why you would want to do that to be honest and if you bought this I'm guessing you probably have other watches you can wear should the occasion require a little more subtlety. 


Annoyingly I don't have the full code from this one, indeed the only reason I know it is a CAR5A8J at all is because I found this photograph showing the back of the watch and the part number. Given that the watch came with two straps its probably safe to say the strap code will start EB****, if anyone can fill in the blanks it will be much appreciated.


Article from IsoChrono.com

No comments:

Post a Comment