Friday 1 March 2019

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer 1998 Formula 1 Catalogue


This one was sent to me free with my latest purchase (more on that over the weekend), and I'm very happy with both the watch and catalogue. It's approximately 200mm square, and while it's short on text it has some cracking photos which show the various colour and strap choices available. I assume all the colour variants were available with either bracelets or rubber straps, I'm pretty sure I must have seen pretty much every combination on eBay at one time or another.

As for the buying experience, I can't fault it. The catalogue was sent separately in a cardboard backed envelope and it's in excellent condition. I can't help but think the seller would have been better selling this on it's own as I would probably have paid £15-20 for it! Especially since the watch was a bit of a bargain as well...!










Nice to see all the options laid out on one page there, gives a great comparison of what was available. I do like the coloured dial versions but they seem to attract a hell of a premium on the pre-owned market, especially the yellow one (currently on eBay for £700+). Interesting as well that the blue is the only one without a colour matched bezel, I guess the blue didn't stand out as much as the other colours, and fair enough it looks great with the white/red markings anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment