Wednesday 27 March 2019

SPOTLIGHT ON: TAG Heuer Kirium Quartz Watch

WL111F.BA0701

I've been trying not to look on eBay too much because I'm now trying to build my funds up for something a bit better than yet another £300 quartz piece, but when I came across a WL111F Kirium going for less than £200 it was hard to resist... but I did and the piece eventually sold for £225. Damn, why didn't I bid?

The picture above is taken from the Watchfinder website, they have one of these for £675 (you could probably sell the eBay one to them and turn a small profit!) but they really aren't doing themselves any favours with that photo. The dial looks super dark and flat, but as we can see from the eBay pictures the dial is a gorgeous colour and looks pretty amazing when it catches the light.


Fingerprint aside, what a stunner! I'm really regretting this now... but, as is so often the case, one reason I didn't want to bid is that the bracelet is about two links too short for me and I didn't want to get into all that again. Pity though, because that is a lush dial and I do love my Kiriums. It's also a very different blue dial to the one on my Kirium chronograph - which completely negates any argument my wife might make that it looks 'the same' as the one I already have. :)


I will definitely keep my eye out in future, I'm sure it won't be too hard to find again at some point. Speaking of eBay, I snagged a few TAG related items from there a few days ago, I will post about the catalogues in a later post, but I also got a small (actually rather smaller than I expected..) folder thing, which I assume came inside the old barrel box.





Nothing terribly exciting really, but considering it cost less than £3 it's a nice little bit of extra paraphernalia for my collection box...

No comments:

Post a Comment