Friday 29 March 2019

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer 4000 Catalogue and Price List (1990)


I managed to pick up a couple of catalogues last week, this was the first and it's a nice little pamphlet about 200mm square with about twelve pages. A nice surprise was a pricing sheet included in with the parcel which I wasn't expecting. It cost me £12, which is probably about as much as I would be willing to pay really, but it's in excellent condition. Again the catalogue shows many of the 4000 series with lumed bezels, which is curious. 


The catalogue has some slightly pointless clear 'tissue' paper before the first page, this was later used in the S/EL catalogue but at least they printed a picture on it then...






This catalogue predates my WF1111-0 as it uses the old numbering system. I'm assuming mine was previously known as the 999.206 which is on the first page and cost £495 when new - so considering I paid £375 last year, it's retained it's value pretty well really!

No comments:

Post a Comment