Wednesday 1 July 2020

FEATURE: Keeping Track of Wrist Time #2


Back in April I posted about how from the start of the year I had started to write down which watches I wore each day and I was quite surprised by the results. Well I have continued to do this over the second quarter and again I've produced a graph to represent the results..


I got my WAJ1111 back from the service centre in early March I think, so that hasn't been affected during this period. I also managed to fix the bracelet on my steel 3000 Series so I've been able to wear that as well, although not until the end of April so that's been a favourite. I really do love that watch and I was lucky to find it at a good price, but I still don't plan on selling my two-tone 934.206.

932.206

As for the three zero scoring watches on the graph, these have all been stuck at the TAG Heuer Service centre / Bicester since February, but I believe I should be able to pick them up next week!

So looking at the results for the year to date it's clear that the 500M Aquaracer has got a lot of wrist time and still comes in equal first despite being away for several weeks earlier in the year. The red dial S/EL is still showing strongly as well, as is the 'classic' blue bezel Aquaracer (WAB1112).


On the other hand, my automatics are suffering, with no nights out in the last quarter there's been little opportunity to wear them, although I have worn them around the house now and then. There's also been quite a few days when I didn't wear a watch at all, mainly due to being off work and doing a lot of DIY. Maybe I should get a G-Shock... only kidding!

I really need to wear my F1 Kirium as well, as it's languishing behind even the watches I haven't been able to wear since February! I am just so ridiculously protective of that one, because it's my first TAG Heuer and I hate to think of it getting scratched (it already has a light scratch to the AR coating on the crystal and it really bugs me every time I wear it).

Overall though, it seems like I am wearing my 'everyday' watches fairly evenly... with only my classic 'resin' Formula 1 trailing behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment