Saturday 25 July 2020

SPOTLIGHT ON: TAG Heuer F1 Kirium at Bicester Village

TAG HEUER F1 KIRIUM QUARTZ CHRONOGRAPH
CL111A.FT6002

List Price - £2750
BICESTER VILLAGE PRICE - £1925

The F1 Kirium has a special place in my heart since it was the first TAG Heuer watch that I bought way back in 2004. Despite my obvious bias, I honestly believe it is the most underrated watch that TAG Heuer has ever made. Despite the name, the CL111A is 100% Kirium, and 0% Formula 1, I really don't know what the thinking was behind that name, other than the fact that mine has 'Official Timekeeper of the Formula 1 World Championship' stamped on the backplate! But that confusion not withstanding this model is a winning combination of sporty and stylish and features a multifunction digital display which can also be turned off completely (which is how I wear mine). You can also have black dial with just the date displayed, which looks pretty neat too.


This one is nicely sized at 40mm and wears well on the wrist in my experience, although admittedly I've never had the opportunity to try it on the rubber strap. Actually, part of me hopes they don't sell this until I've had the opportunity to get over to Bicester to check it out, as I've always wondered what my Kirium would be like sans bracelet.

I believe the Kirium was retired in about 2008, so this is clearly an older watch. But where else are you going to find a NOS example with a 2 year warranty? If you've always wanted a 'new' Kirium, this is your chance. If I didn't already have one I would have been extremely interested myself.


A couple of posts about the CL111A:

Re-appraising the F1 Kirium

Instructions on how to sync the digital and analog displays

No comments:

Post a Comment