Thursday 27 October 2022

FEATURE: Who Would You Like to See TAG Heuer Collaborate With Next?


Following TAG Heuer's recent collaboration with MarioKart, I thought it would be interesting to ask the Council of Considered Opinion who they would like to see TAG Heuer collaborate with next and what they would like to see come of it. Here then is a brief insight into the minds of the members of the council...


KAPPA MD: "TAG Heuer x Nike / Jordan would be interesting for me, in the form of Connected, Aquaracer sports watch or some hype production? Just thinking out of the box. How about Lego?"

ANTHONY R: "Enough already.... just do what they are good at. Let's hope we see some classic stuff next year."

REMO:  "If they stay with Nintendo they could do a Link x Legend of Zelda (since the Hero of Zelda is Link if you didn't know)."

"After there were TAG Heuer x Art and TAG Heuer x games collabs there will most probably be TAG Heuer x music collabs. Bamford already did it with the Bamford Mayfair x Queen and Bamford x Kylie Minogue. I would appreciate a TAG Heuer x Young Gods edition with matching Soundtrack: Gasoline man!"


THINGZILIKETOO: "I think it would be cool to have them collaborate with F1 and make three hand watches color coordinated with the various team colors. They wouldn't have to necessarily get buy in from the teams as some have watch sponsors, just the colorways and F1 logo as the 12 o'clock marker, Tag logo under, date at 6, quartz 41mm or if they want to make it unisex 39mm."

OTTO WILLIAM: "I would like Tag Heuer colab with Tag Heuer Enthusiast!"

IMAGWAI: "I honestly can't think of a tie-up I'd like to see I'm afraid. The best collaboration TAG ever did was Tag Heuer x The Rake & Revolution (Blue Dreamer), followed closely by the Hodinkee Skipper. Not that I'm a big fan of Hodinkee at all. I guess what I'm saying is, I don't care at all whether it's a tie-up or not. All I care about is that I like the look of the watch!"

YAGO: "A Paul Smith Monaco please... or how about an Albert Silberstein Carrera?"


McBEARDY: "This is a tough one, and I could easily produced more ideas for a new watches or evolution of a current watch. However the F1 idea harking back to the 80s/90s approach and market as the equivalent 'MoonSwatch' would surely be a winner.

Surprised no push for a Max V watch, tailored in orange to celebrate his 2 championships (Fratello seem to be pushing for this) & TH seem to have missed a mark.

If I can take one of my other keen interests, why not Marvel? Tag have a plethora of quartz based watches link them to Marvel = cash win. I know they are already working with Audemars Piguet but I think TAG Heuer are in a better position to market cheaper watches to young adults."

HUBERT: "Since Porsche is a brand partner of TH, I wouldn't mind to see something like this re-issued, from the sister Audi group, before the Porsche IPO...


"...or some Shelby DATO Carreras."


ABROD520: "+1 for Shelby Dato. Maybe more videogame collabs but for the ones that make sense: Gran Turismo and Forza. Forza Horizon (the more arcade-y line) even has character customization features, and a tie-in F1 or Carrera model would work well I think. Kind of like that Hamilton that was recently featured in a game."

MSPEEDSTER: "Automobiles and Motorsport fits TAG Heuer the best. But they already have Porsche and RedBull, hard to do better than that. I don't feel they need another collaboration, just execute better on the ones they have. Oh and let's not forget they also have Gulf. Still waiting for that Porsche x Gulf x Monaco, it'll be a huge missed opportunity if they don't do one!"

PITFITTER446: "Nothing springs to mind right away, let's just do the basics right first."

JIMDOLLARES: "I would like them to release a Minions collaboration. Minions are awesome. I love this one but it is so darn expensive..."


JEMAGLOH: "I was thinking about this when I realized I may be on the wrong train of thought (following the Mario Kart releases). My mind immediately went to recent brand collaborations such as TAG Heuer x Porsche or x Mario Kart/Mario/Nintendo. Generally speaking, I’m indifferent to those unless it’s something particularly meaningful to me (or hits me in another way). In my entire collection, only my Indy 500 Carrera and Gulf Monaco have another corporate logo in addition to the TAG Heuer shield.

I then started thinking about one of the coolest TAG Heuer collaborations, the TAG Heuer x Calibre 11 Siffert Autavia. I wasn’t part of the forum at that time, but I would have jumped at the chance to be one of the lucky few (100?) to have that piece. Heck, I’ve even made inquiries about the Harrod’s piece (with no luck) just because of that one!

I think I’m more drawn to a collaboration piece that produces something cool and unique in terms of colors/accents rather than something that just takes corporate design cues and slaps someone else’s logo onto the watch."

MR ORANGE: "TAG Heuer x TAG Heuer = actually make something nice, for a change!"


Well, there you go... who would you like to see TAG Heuer collaborate with next?

No comments:

Post a Comment