Saturday 15 October 2022

ON THE WRIST: TAG Heuer Aquaracer Ladies Calibre 5 'Pink Dial' Watch

 
WBP231J.BA0618


TAG Heuer Boutique / Milton Keynes, 10th October 2022

My TAG Heuer enthusiast wife Rose was keen to try on this new pink-dial Aquaracer today, even though she knew that at 36mm it was probably going to be too big for her tiny wrist. Fortunately she was in luck as the TAG Heuer boutique had it in stock and actually it didn't look as ridiculous as she feared; which was a surprise given that we've always thought her 32mm green dial Aquaracer was pretty much her limit size wise. 

Maybe it's to do with the thickness, but others have commented about how well the 43mm Aquaracer wears, people who usually moan about oversized watches as it goes... so maybe the design philosophy applies equally to the 36mm versions? I know our Swedish correspondent (Sleazy) Jim Dollares tried a 36mm Aquaracer on recently as he thought he could get away with it and was openly mocked by the shop assistant! 😏

I could tell the watch wasn't really hitting the mark before it came out of the display cabinet, but I urged my wife to try it on if only so that I could write this post. She held it up and stared at it, then slid it onto her wrist trying to look enthused, but clearly it was a bit on the large side and more importantly the pink dial just didn't pop like it needed to.


Later, at home, I asked Rose for her opinion on the watch and this is what she said: 

"The main thing is that the dial is not to my taste, for me it should either be a stronger baby pink or a dusky pink like my Alter Ego, the pink they've gone for is a bit wishy-washy and it doesn't help that it has the black ceramic bezel (although I do like that) which makes it seem even more pale and uninteresting. I do really like the wave pattern on the dial which we've seen on previous Aquaracers, but I'd rather have diamonds all round than only on eight of the hours..."

Anything else?

"Mmm, the bracelet looked quite nice, although obviously I'd need a lot of links taking out and I wonder if the clasp would be too big on my wrist? I don't mind the 6 o'clock date at all, I have that on my Link, but I'd prefer not to have the cyclops; though if it has to be there at least it doesn't stick out
of the glass like the old ones did. Honestly though I'd be happier if it just wasn't there at all, it's pretty pointless as far as I'm concerned."

Prompted as to how she'd rate the various watches she has tried on this year, Rose said this was the least exciting of the three, with the fumé dial a clear winner and the two tone Aquaracer with the solid gold crown in second place. 


On the Wrist post for the Fumé dial Aquaracer:

On the Wrist post for the two-tone Aquaracer:


Link to the Pink Dial Aquaracer on the TAG Heuer website:

No comments:

Post a Comment