Monday 16 September 2019

BUYING EXPERIENCE: ArmbandUhren Special: TAG Heuer Magazine


This is a bit of an odd one... I came across this on eBay the other day and eventually secured it for £12, which is actually a bit of a bargain in my opinion. This is a 2004 spin off book from the magazine ArmbandUhren, although as it doesn't seem to have a price on it anywhere I'm not sure if it was sold in the shops or what? It's definitely a softback 'book' rather than a 'magazine' with 112 thick pages in full colour and looks like it will be a decent read (thankfully printed in English - the magazine is German).

Some of the content looks a bit familiar, like it's been taken from some of the dealer catalogues I've purchased recently (or possibly the 150 years book?), but there's a feature about Kimi Raikkonen visiting the factory and I've already spotted a thing or two that I've not seen before just from having a preliminary flip through. The seller sent it quickly in a couple of decent envelopes one inside the other and it doesn't seem to have suffered for that. Considering it's 15 years old it seems to be in excellent condition and also has an article about 2000 Aquagraph, which is obviously of interest to me.


I must say I particularly like this Monaco V4 with the blue and silver detailing...















Kimi looks scarily young in this picture and airbrushed to all hell into the bargain! I've always found it slightly incongruous that a multi-millionaire F1 driver like Kimi would wear an entry level quartz piece... I'm sure I've seen Max wearing a Red Bull Carrera more often than his own watches...

No comments:

Post a Comment