Saturday 6 March 2021

SPOTLIGHT ON: TAG Heuer Alter Ego (with Diamonds, Emeralds, Sapphires and Rubies!)

 

At first glance you might be forgiven for thinking that Alec Monopoly had been at this one, but no... these colourful 'splashes' are far more permanent and 'precious'! One presumes this left the TAG Heuer factory as a common or garden blue dial Alter Ego, whereupon some deranged jeweller took it into his (or her) head to pepper the entire polished surface with diamonds, rubies, sapphires and emeralds... I'm really not sure it was that great an idea.


But, you never know, maybe this is exactly what you've been looking for? If so, your luck is in because this particular gem-encrusted 29mm ladies piece is available to purchase right now on Chrono24. The seller has written almost nothing about the watch (which I'm sure is an excellent sign...) and is based in New York. Price is £1327 (plus £73 shipping to the UK if that's where you happen to be).


I have to say I showed my wife and her reaction was even less positive than I expected, and I'm no jeweller but it seems a little odd to me that you can see the settings on the stones, surely it could be done better than that? In fact, on reflection, this is probably the worst aftermarket bling I've ever seen on a TAG Heuer watch...

No comments:

Post a Comment