Wednesday 17 March 2021

GALLERY: Citizen Automatic Watch

 

Something different today... this was my maternal grandfather's watch, which was passed on to my father when he died. Today would have been my father's 87th birthday, but unfortunately he died a few years ago, hence I now have his watch. My father was quite a clumsy person and as you can see the crystal is broken and the day wheel is busted too! I did send it back for a quote to repair, but it was more than the watch is worth and since I'll probably never wear it I decided to keep it as it was.

The box came from eBay, probably nothing like the box it came in, but at least it gives is somewhere appropriate to rest. I have had this watch 4 years I think, and I don't know if I've ever wound it, it seems like all you need to do is pick it up and it's starts going all on it's own... quite astonishing really.

No comments:

Post a Comment