Friday 12 March 2021

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer Masterpieces Catalogue

 

This is one that I 'forgot about'... I won this on eBay just before Christmas and once I'd opened it I put it away safely in my 'TAG' cupboard and promptly forgot all about it! Which is quite appalling since this is a really nice hardback catalogue showing off TAG Heuer's haute horlogerie pieces using very dramatic black backgrounds and copper foil text. It looks suitably 'high-end' in the flesh, but it really doesn't work very well in a scanner (as I found out when I tried to scan the pages for David at Calibre 11). 


These pictures are taken from the eBay listing, and as you can see there is a little 'wear' here and there... but even so it's in fairly good condition and it's well worth the £14.50 I paid for it I think! The seller had it up for £20 IIRC but accepted my offer... and despatched it promptly and well packed. Seems like an absolute bargain to me, I'd certainly never come across another one like it before and I was most pleased to see my favourite (and completely unobtainable) TAG Heuer 'masterpiece' on page 16: the very striking 'Carrera Microtimer Flying 1000'. Unfortunately the seller didn't post a photo of that one...


This Mikrogirder 1/10,000th is nice too, but at £110,000 it's also completely out of the question (unless my Euromillions numbers come up of course). Still it's nice to dream... but I think I would still take the Flying 1000, that black and green colour combination is one I've always really liked and since I never got around to buying the black/green Aquaracer 500M Calibre 16 when Bicester Village had them, maybe I should hold out for the real deal. :)


Containing photos and specs for pretty much all the haute horlogerie pieces that I can think of off the top of my head, this is one of the most intriguing TAG Heuer catalogues available and if you can find a copy you should definitely pick it up. When (maybe 'if' since they didn't come out all that well) David publishes the scans I sent him on the Calibre 11 catalogue page, I will add a link to it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment