Thursday 26 July 2018

YOU SNOOZE, YOU LOSE: TAG Heuer Kirium Quartz Blue Dial

WL111F-0

The start of a new, but hopefully 'infrequent' feature... today we introduce 'You Snooze, You Lose'. And boy did I lose out today...!

I was browsing eBay this morning, when I spotted a nice looking WL111F-0. I've been wanting another Kirium for a while, and particularly a blue one. Though I do own a Kirium already, I am rather too attached to it as it was my very first TAG Heuer, and so I really can't bring myself to wear it everyday and accept that it will get marked.


The pictures weren't great, but looked good enough to get a general idea and I fired off a question to the seller about the bracelet size. I wasn't sure I'd get a response in good time, but I figured I would have time to check it myself later, since there was a picture which clearly showed the links and I could count them and compare it with my own.


As it happened the seller did come back to me fairly quickly and said it would fit a 6-7" wrist - which is helpful, but not terribly helpful. It's amazing actually how few sellers list the wrist size and indeed the diameter of the watch, but they're all too keen to tell you they're 'Only selling because I got a Garmin now'. It never seems to enter their heads that those spare links they lost mean that their watch isn't going to fit everyone's wrist now. 

And then of course there's those despicable people who say 'Will fit a 7" wrist, but I can supply extra links if required'. Which basically means, I have all the links for this watch, but if your wrist is bigger than 7" it's going to cost you extra, and if not I'm going to sell those extra links just as soon as your payment clears...


Sorry, I'm getting off track. So I was getting quite excited about this one and was looking forward to getting home and checking the links on my Kirium to see if it was close. As it turns out, it really wasn't that close - this one has six links one side and six and a half on the other, whereas mine has seven and a half on each side, so I needed another two and half links anyway.

But even so, the price was very low and later in the afternoon I went to have another look. To my dismay, the page loaded and it showed the time remaining as 5 seconds which meant that all I could really do was watch those few seconds tick away and the auction finish. I had completely miscalculated the end time of the auction and some lucky bidder got this watch for just £207. 

I was quite gutted, to say the least. I know if I had made a bid there's every chance the other bidder might have increased their bid too and it could have gone up a lot higher, but that's small comfort when you see this...


Still, I suppose there'll always be another one, and maybe one with the right number of links included, and looking on the bright side my TAG fund remains intact to fight another day. 

Gotta stay positive! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment