Friday 4 January 2019

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer 150 Years Book


I was rather fortunate with this purchase, I was looking on the Calibre 11 forum one day and 'Albert-AMG' said that he had just bought this book from an eBay seller based in France for 45 Euros. He posted a link to the seller who had one more copy left and I snapped it up before anyone else could beat me to it. I don't think I've ever seen the book for sale for less than £100 so it was a no-brainer really, admittedly I did have to swallow a further £21 carriage from France, but given the size and weight of the book I didn't think that was unreasonable.


The seller certainly wrapped the book well, coming sheathed in it's original shrink wrap, bubble wrap and a whole heap of thick cardboard. I must admit I was a little bit worried about the book being transported all that way, but it arrived in perfect order.



It's a really nice book, but I do wish there were more photographs of the watches in it. There are some, but nowhere near as many as you'd think. I'd love it if there was some kind of photobook that covered the TAG Heuer (1985-to date) collections in detail, in fact I would pay a lot of money for something like that. Unfortunately, I'm sure the market for such a book would be very limited, so the best I can hope for is a book that covers all the Heuers and doesn't come to a halt in 1985 (or pack the last thirty three years into the last chapter).

Oh well... this is still a pretty cool coffee table book, though I don't think I'll be putting it on my coffee table for Mr Biver and Ming to jump all over!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm I have one of these (150 yrs) book I bought a while back cheap randomly. I only bought it back then because of the advertising pictures. Namely some female tennis player, I was going to cut the picture out and frame it back then. I forgot it what the book was even about, I was about to donate to charity. It is in mint condition. Seems like it may of been a good investment. I am in Australia.

    ReplyDelete