Wednesday 9 January 2019

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer 2004 Catalogue and Price List


Buying catalogues and ephemera from eBay can be a hit and miss experience, I distinctly remember paying nearly £30 for a Grand Carrera catalogue that I'd never seen before, only for another one to appear the next day for £3.99... but then, you win some you lose some, and on this occasion I definitely won one.

I don't think I'd ever come across this catalogue on eBay before and then there appeared two copies, one on a Buy It Now (£35!) and this one on an auction with a starting price of £1.30 (plus £2.00 postage). Amazingly, I was the only bidder and so I secured this for the princely sum of £3.30! Admittedly, the catalogue isn't in perfect condition, it's perhaps been stored somewhere a little damp which means the pages towards the back are a little warped, but it's really not that bad and it's certainly not worth paying £35!



I bought my very first TAG new in 2004, and so it's nice to see the F1 Kirum in the catalogue.



It's always interesting to get hold of price lists and find out the genuine original prices for pieces. I think I must have most of the 00s catalogues now, but I'm still missing a lot of 90s and 80s examples. Unfortunately they don't seem to be that readily available, and when they do appear they seem to be priced accordingly. Still, I'll keep looking, at least I can view most of them on the Calibre 11 website in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment