Wednesday 24 April 2019

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer Catalogue 1996


Yet another catalogue from eBay and a bit of a mixed bag really. On the face of it this was a bargain at £5, but what I failed to appreciate from the listing was that the binding is on it's last legs. The seller did state that some pages were loose, which I didn't mind too much as it was reflected in the low starting bid - but now every time I look at it the pages are falling out more and more. I'm wondering if it's possible to either have it re-glued or whether I just need to buy some sort of glue gun myself, albeit whether I'd be able to make a decent job of repairing it is debatable!












That aside it's a pretty nice catalogue with some cool models inside. Not sure if there's much that isn't already covered by the other catalogues I already have, I think I'm probably getting to the point where I have enough catalogues now.

It's a pity the catalogues aren't regular sizes it would be so much better if I could have them all on a shelf together rather than in a big plastic box under my bed, but size-wise they are all over the place. At least the new ones are hardbound, but the older catalogues are so much more detailed. The best ones are the ones from about ten years ago with the majority of the range listed in the last few pages, but I'm sure TAG Heuer would argue that the website is the place to go now.

That may be the case, but the website isn't terribly user friendly and being that I know TAG already have a computer database for their older models, it would be nice if they could make that available for the public as well. It would certainly free up some space under my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment