Saturday 20 April 2019

SPOTLIGHT ON: TAG Heuer Aquaracer Quartz Goldsmiths 2018 Limited Edition

CAY111C.BA0927

Here's something I haven't seen before, I found this on the pre-sale section of the Watchfinder website and it immediately stood out. A little bit of research shows it was an exclusive Goldsmith's Limited Edition from 2018. Pictures of this one are few and far between, but it's still available from Goldsmiths and I can tell you that this is 43mm, carries a quartz 1/10th of a second chronograph movement and I assume it has an aluminium bezel insert. The original list price was £1900.


This one definitely reminds me of the 'Premier League' Aquaracer, even though that watch is a three hander, indeed at first glance I thought this was that watch and when I showed it to someone else that was their first reaction as well. I actually quite liked that piece, but not being a football fan it wasn't something I was ever going to buy (not with the logo on the dial), so this is a nice evolution of that without the football connection. 


It seems that while I've been preparing this post Watchfinder have put this watch on their site, so I can also tell you that the one they have is selling for £1585 with box and papers. It's also number 18 out of 250 if that's important to you, which it might be if you are 18 or if your birthday is the 18th or something... some people get excited about things like that I guess!


I much prefer this one to the recent Beaverbrooks Limited Edition, the one with the red minute hand, but I can't imagine this one lasting very long on Watchfinder before someone snaps this up. I am a little bit tempted, but at the same time £1500 would go a long way towards something a bit 'better' so I'll probably pass on this one this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment