Friday 4 October 2024

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Heuer Monaco 'Racing Green' Calibre 11 Limited Edition


When I first clapped eyes on this new 1000 piece limited edition 'Racing Green' Monaco Calibre 11 I was quite impressed, thinking it an improvement over last year's blue version. However, the more I've looked at it the more I feel like I need to see it in person to make a proper judgement.

Because to me it looks like the strap and the subdials aren't quite the same hue of green, and if that's true I would find that rather annoying... 


Just look at this picture below, the strap looks a nice mossy green, but the dials have a hint of teal about them. It's a shame really because other than that I really like the colour scheme and the yellow backing on the perforated strap is rather cool too. But when you are talking about a watch with an asking price of £8150 I feel you are entitled to expect the details to be 'bang on' and not 'close enough'.


There really isn't much else to say about this one as it is literally a variation on the limited edition blue/silver Monaco we saw last year, with the same blasted titanium case and yellow highlights. Indeed this is the third recent Monaco to feature a yellow chrono-second hand, which slightly takes away some of the novelty of the yellow hand on the 'Sparks' Monaco. Don't you think?


One thing I don't like though is the 'Tiffany' blue lume on the dial. I just think that colour is a slightly bizarre choice that doesn't really go with anything else here. Still, they're hardly 'in your face' I guess so probably not a massive issue if you like the rest of the design.

Well we know the C.O.C.O. love anything with a Heuer badge so I think it's safe to say we can expect some positivity from the Council, how will they react to this rather off-piste colour scheme though?

Let's find out...





7.5/10: "The green subdials with the yellow chrono hand looks great together, along with the yellow underneath the green strap, a nice thought. Not a massive fan of the silver dial but it does actually work well here. I like it."

7/10: "I love the green and yellow dial features and the beautiful green strap. One of my favourites from the Monaco range. Shame about the odd coloured lume dots - they should have been green if anything."

5/10: "Seems lazy to me."

2/10: "I’m struggling to find a redeeming quality for this one. Also not sure what TH is trying to achieve (from a branding perspective) with all these Limited Editions…"

7.5/10: "I like the design and titanium case. But the green subdials look washed out -- British Racing Green is a darker, more saturated green."

8/10: "Price is crazy, grade 2 titanium is crazy, movement is crazy, but so far one of my top TH releases this year."

6/10: "I like the colour scheme and it’s lhd."

5/10: "Doesn't get away with the strange design decisions as well as last year's blue did."

7.5/10: "I have been considering this one, however I'm not yet sold."

6/10: "Titan 3.0? Lots of accent colours (green, yellow, and light blue lume dots), and less would have been more. I think this one would have been far more interesting, and tempting, if the dial itself would have been green rather than the subdials."

4/10: "It's only a render but the strap doesn't seem to match the subdials that well. It's OK but it's just another colour variation that isn't as good as others. Plus it's damn expensive."

7.5/10: "Rather like this calm colour scheme. Very cool. Nice dial and strap combo. I had missed the price, although they are all overpriced now, so no surprise I guess."

7/10: "I like almost all the Calibre 11 Monacos, but I find the green strap of this version doesn’t match the subdials (they look more teal colour), so it’s just a 7/10 for me. I would prefer the strap and subdials with exactly the same colour, or with a very different green… but not “almost the same” colour."

8/10: "Nice Monaco. It's basically just like last year's Blue Racing but this time in Green. So, it gets the same score, 8/10."

8.5/10: "I actually like this a lot. This might be my favourite Monaco release so far this year."

No comments:

Post a Comment