Thursday 10 October 2024

ON THE WRIST: TAG Heuer Aquracer 'Sprite' Calibre TH31-03 GMT Watch

 

28th September 2024 / TAG Heuer Boutique, Meadowhall, Sheffield

It's funny, I've been waiting a while to see this one, because as seems to be the norm now when TAG Heuer release a bunch of watches together, there's always one that lags behind. Last time I got to visit the excellent Meadowhall boutique I saw all of the new three hand Aquaracers and also the 'Batman' GMT, but I was really pinning my hopes on this all new colour scheme being the one that really got me interested. 


Somehow though, this just doesn't quite cut it. Maybe it's the overload of green watches we've been experiencing lately, it certainly isn't helping - that's for sure, but even without that this doesn't make me 'want it'. I do like the dial though, it's much better than the green three-hander, the darker tone subduing the waves so they aren't so much of an eyesore... but the dial green doesn't seem to go with the bezel green and neither really seem to match up with the GMT hand either.


I tried on quite a lot of watches on this visit and this one really didn't make much of an impression. What I should have done is got the Batman side by side, but from memory I'd have to say the blue/black GMT is probably my pick of the new Aquaracers now. But even then, I didn't really want it enough to consider saving for it. But that seems to have been the story of 2024 for me.

The thing I really like about TAG Heuer is that they don't stand still, and as was inevitable I suppose, it seems that we've reached a period where I'm not really loving the watches the brand is serving up. And judging by the scores from the COCO I'm not alone in that either... 

The good thing is I know we won't be stuck here forever, I just have to wait and see what the future brings. It won't hurt to not spend any money on watches for a while, well... 'new' watches anyway. 🤣

1 comment:

  1. The different shades of green don't bother me but I can see why some don't like it

    ReplyDelete