Thursday 30 August 2018

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: Heuer Autavia 'Watches of Switzerland' Limited Edition


Another 150 piece limited edition, this time in collaboration with 'Watches of Switzerland', and given the popularity of blue dials these days I can't see this one hanging around for long. That said, I'm not too sure about the blue dial with the black bezel, it's not terrible, but it would have been nice if they could have gone the extra mile and produced a blue bezel to match, but I guess the more things they change the more the costs go up. Personally I would have preferred a blue JH85 style bezel, but now we're getting carried away!

The orange second hand looks good though, blue and orange is pretty much always a winning combination, although I suspect they might have polluted this with that awful biege lume again, I can't really tell from this picture but I bet they have. On top of those crisp white sub dials as well... tsk tsk, this is becoming a nasty little habit TAG, please stop it.

I'm not a fan of the Autavia in general, but this is one of the better looking ones for sure, and the blue dial seems to go very well with the 'beads of rice' bracelet, better than the black dial in my opinion. I do wonder how many more Autavia special editions we're going to get, we've already had the Calibre 11, Hodinkee and the Harrods and now this one, not to mention the UAE one... I bet Mr Bamford is already working on a carbon fibre cased one as well - although maybe that one would be a step too far?

No comments:

Post a Comment