Sunday 30 August 2020

BUYING EXPERIENCE: TAG Heuer Catalogue 1988-1989


I believe it was about this time last year that I last tried to buy one of these catalogues, that time I was unsuccessful as my bid was beaten by someone who paid about £45 for it and I was not able to respond as I was otherwise indisposed at the time. So when I spotted this on eBay the other day with a 'Buy It Now' price of £30 I jumped on it. Actually I did try a 'Best Offer' of £26 thinking that the listing might be set up to automatically accept bids over £25, but unfortunately not... and not wanting to wait and run the risk of losing the catalogue a second time, I stumped up the full £30. 


Again, not having the time to ask questions, I wasn't 100% sure if this was the 1988 catalogue or the 1988-1989 catalogue. They both have the same front cover, but the later version has the 3000 Series watches in (so that was what I was hoping for). There were only 4 (not very good) photographs and comparing the pages with the PDF files on Calibre 11 it seemed like I was getting the 1988/1989 catalogue, but either way I was having it.


Thankfully when it arrived it turned out that it was indeed the later version, but oddly it still doesn't match the PDF on Calibre 11. Near the back of mine there's a photograph of a man in a pink shellsuit doing a jump on skis in front of a helicopter. I'm not making this up, honest... how 1988 can you get?

No, its no good I'm going to have to take a photograph of it...


Isn't that brilliant?
:)

The seller despatched pretty quickly and the catalogue was well wrapped in bubble wrap. It isn't the most pristine catalogue I've got admittedly, but it's certainly still what I would call 'Very Good', save for the cover which I would probably class as 'Good'. I'm just glad that I could finally add this to my collection, it certainly took me a while to find another copy.

You can browse the entire catalogue by visiting Calibre 11 or by clicking the link below:
https://www.calibre11.com/catalogues/tag-heuer-annual-catalogues/1988-1989-tag-heuer-catalogue/

No comments:

Post a Comment