Monday 20 June 2022

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: TAG Heuer Aquaracer Ladies Quartz Watch

 
WBP1450.BA0622

Woop woop, there's a new ladies Aquaracer in town... let's talk about it a little bit; because, well, I've always felt like we should include TAG Heuer's smaller watches in our discussions. In fact I've included all sorts of TAG Heuer related items in this blog over the years, be it mobile phones, glasses, even some kind of skateboard thing! Hell, on the odd occasion (and against my better judgement) I've even talked about the accursed TAG Heuer Connected! But not very often... hehe.

Sure, getting the Council to voice an opinion on new ladies watches is still a bit of a stretch, and often produces a lot of the same comments (and often the same scores), but thankfully some of the Council are able to seek the opinions of their better halves and I too sought my wife's opinion before writing this post.


I must say that following the beautiful fumé dial Aquaracers we've seen recently this does strike as a little 'pedestrian', but then this is a quartz piece so it will have the distinct advantage of being thinner and cheaper... but not much cheaper actually. Y'see, the blue fumé dial automatic costs £2800 whereas this one costs... well still £2400 actually. How can this be? Well, it's simply because of the 18k solid rose gold crown, along with the rose gold plating on the hands and indices. That goldy coloured stuff sure does add a pretty penny to a watch these days!

Both watches of course carry diamond markers on the dial, but this one has twelve versus 11 for the WBP2411 due to the absence of a date at the 6 position. Seems kinda backwards that don't ya think? A date on the automatic, where it will need setting every time you want to wear it, no date on the quartz where you only need to adjust it every other month. Hmmm..


So as I mentioned, I did show the watch to my wife and her reaction was just kind of 'okay,' but when I told her that it was only £400 less than the automatic with the fumé dial she looked a little perplexed. Asked to choose between the two she said she'd rather have the blue fumé dial, but ideally she'd like this one but with a black Mother of Pearl dial. I hope TAG Heuer are listening...!

For me, based off the render I was going to give this a score of 5.5 out of 10, but then once I scrolled down and saw the photographs I reconsidered that and pushed it up to 7.5. However I will leave the scoring up to my wife since this is after all aimed at her not me. 

And speaking of scoring, I guess it's time to turn this one over to the C.O.C.O. Council and their assorted female accomplices...



WBP1450.BA0622: 

6/10: "I like the combination of gold and steel. But the gold crown seems a bit too much. Maybe would have worked better with a two tone bracelet."

8/10: "Diamonds and gold, love it! A solid 8 from me, very nice looking."

6/10: "As usual, it’s difficult for me to give points to a ladies watch. I hate mother of pearl and/or diamonds on the dial (but maybe ladies like them), so considering that, I give it a 6/10 (to not give it a 3/10, my real score)."

7/10: "Normally, the chick's watches are tacky but this is actually quite tasteful."

8.5/10: "Very nice, I like it a lot."

5/10: "Still with the needless diamonds on every ladies' model. But I do like the way the gold inlays on the bezel look."

5/10: "I asked the gaffer, she would prefer something other tham MoP for the dial finish, and maybe a model with lume rather than diamonds for practicality. Others without gems and a better price = 7/10."

4/10: "What is it with watch manufacturers always using mother of pearl on their dials. When my ex was looking for a nice watch, she wanted plain white but nearly everything she looked at was b****y MOP!! Bling is not my style anyway, so the diamonds can go too. The gold touches are OK, though, not too over the top. All in all it's a nice ladies watch, but the dial is hideous and looks tacky."

5/10: "Lots of other offerings more appealing."

8/10: "The gold accents, diamond markers and the mother of pearl dial, to me all really compliment each other. As a ladies watch, every aspect about this watch works for me."

6/10: "It is okay. My prediction is that this will sell some but not overly on demand."

5/10: "As can be said of all women's watches by TAG Heuer, it lacks cuteness and femininity, so I think it is difficult to recommend it. As for this watch, I want the bezel to be more creative."

3/10: "Not one my other half would like, for me it sticks to the stereotypes of what they TH think women want in a watch. The mix match doesn't work on this one. The plainer versions are winners mind you."


No comments:

Post a Comment